Thursday, April 10, 2014

Always A Teacher & Librarian - Even On Spring Break!!

This Spring Break our family traveled to Orlando, Florida - a birthday wish of my 16-year-old daughter.  We had a great time visiting the parks and beach!  Even through our sunburns, we had a great time!  

I found that even on Spring Break, a thousand miles from my library, I was constantly bumping into things that I would love to share with my students.  My 3rd graders are in the middle of a Super Hero unit, and Universal Studios was filled with comics from past and present! Speech bubbles were everywhere!  They had a store entirely dedicated to Marvel Comics! Disney had books from series that are favorites in my library!! I found a series that I know students will love that I can't wait to get for our library.  Kingdom Keepers isn't new, but I know my students will love them! 

I decided that our trip proved that you can take the teacher out of the library, but you can't take the library out of the teacher!!  Hope everyone had a great spring break!!