Monday, June 2, 2014

Summer Reading Bucket List - Preventing Summer Slide!!

Reading is one of the greatest tools to prevent the well documented academic "summer slide"! There are so many great options for our students. I thought I would suggest a few titles for them to consider this summer. This list is by no means complete. It would be impossible for me to mention all the great books in publication. Also, I have chosen books with a variety of publication dates.  Some are old favorites and some are new finds! You will find a heavy emphasis on books from series and trilogies. I am a huge fan of series books because they help students answer the question, "What should I read next!?!"

To our Oak Hills families - have a fantastic summer and read, read, read!!!

Check back occasionally, because even as I am publishing this list, I am finding more "must read" books that should definitely be on the list!!  I will be adding over the summer!!

Click for a bibliography of the summer reading bucket list!


MyOn eBooks



Series Picture Book



 Series Early Reader & Early Chapter Books 


Series Graphic Novel


Books for Grades 3 - 5+ Series



Great Nonfiction Books